Monday, May 26, 2008

Jack

Jack posed
Jack in action
Jack's always smiling, and always had time for a chat during the charity ride.

He told me that he had only a few days preparation for the ride, biking around his housing estate.

Funny, so did I, but I didn't cover anything approaching the distance he did - maybe it comes down to level of fitness, and my level of fitness is pretty low.

Jack particularly enjoyed this year's ride because he spent many years working in the East Coast and is familiar with the route, the people, the food, the history, the just about everything.

Did you know that there is a village in Teregganu called Ayer Jerneh that's settled mostly by Hainanese people, who speech the Terengganu dialect like native Terenggan-ites.

Jack's company is also among the donors for the charity ride - this was mentioned during Shakiman's speech in Temerloh.

Jack told me this - also that I should try the coffee there, and also a few other coffee places in Kemamam like Hap Seng (Ishak also recommended this place, as did Shakiman).

The charity ride, its not just about riding...thanks Jack.

No comments: